Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lamb of God - That Was My Sinners Prayer!

God has His unique plan to reach out to His lost sheep, He is patient and never gives up.

One day when our ship was back to my country, one of my colleague 'Sim' invited me to attend the Sunday Service at his church. "That was nice!", I said to myself.

I went with him one of the Sundays, I could not recall what the sermon was, but I could remember after the service, one of his church members talked to me.

And he asked me do I believe in Jesus, do I want to be saved, do I like to have Jesus in my life....etc. Yeap, I said yes to all his questions, then he led me in praying........ years later then I knew that that was called the sinners prayer.

After I finished repeating the prayer, he told me that I Was Saved!

Huh..... you mean that's it?

I left the church with mixed feeling. On one hand, I was glad that I was 'saved', on the other hand, I was not sure what he meant by "I was saved" and had doubt that "Was I saved just by repeating what he said or prayed?"

I was handed with some booklets to read and I went back for the Sunday service a couple of times before my ship sailed off for overseas exercise. And subsequently, most of the Sundays, I was away in some ports, and I stopped going to church.

I did not grow spiritually, but Jesus, the Lamb of God did not leave me.
I was 19 year-old then.
My first encounter with Christianity was during my year at the kindergarten at the age of 6 year-old.
He has waited for me for 13 years before I said the sinners prayer.

But, that's about all after that, I was busy with my duties in the navy, enjoyed visiting ports after ports.

Jesus was not in my mind, but His protection was always with me. How great is His love!



Lamb of God Gift of Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home