Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lamb of God - I Almost Fell!

One day, I was taking a break at the stern of the ship, a shipmate teased me that I was a good boy, and I would never dare to smoke a cigarette, without thinking twice, I asked for the cigarette and tried puffing. Praise Jesus, the Lamb of God's protection, I was not able to even get the cigarette lighted up.

After a few tries, I gave up.

After that incident, then I realized my guard was down and I almost fell into the trap.
I did not try smoking again till now. I learnt one lesson, sometimes it is worth to be a coward than a hero.

Oh yes, I mentioned earlier, almost all the 'full-timers' drank.

Once when we were at one of the ports (I can't recall the place) in Indonesia, we went out for dinner at a restaurant, they were drinking beer, Johnny Walker and other hard liquor, I was only on Coke, someone swap my glass with I think it was XO, it was at least half the glass was XO, I just drank it, thou half way, I realized it was mixed with some liquor, I did not stop and finished the full glass.

Not longer after that, I started feeling dizzy, I felt like sleeping on the table or anywhere, my friends started to talk, walk and behave in a funny manners, I knew we were drunk.

I recalled someone told me in order to overcome it, I need to keep on eating so that the food could absorb the spirit in the liquor or to take butter or cheese for the same purpose.

I forced myself to stay awake and kept on eating. And I was extremely quiet and busy eating.
It was tough eating while my eyes were closing and the desire to sleep right in the table was so strong.

After filling my stomach full of food sometimes later, I was feeling better though still a little dizzy. We left the restaurant.

I and some friends did not go back to ship but instead we went bowling.

Praise the Lord, I did not follow others to some 'places'.

Of course, I could not aim properly and all the bowling balls went to the drain.

And after that night, I said to myself I would never drink in the public and I would not like to get drunk. It was a horrible feeling. And who knows what will a drunk person do? He can't think logically, sensibly.

Hero dies young. You know.

I praise Jesus, the Lamb of God who was always with me, to protect me so that I did not fall into the traps of this world.


Yes, besides temptation, there were a lot of unnatural happening onboard ship..........



Lamb of God Gift of Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home