Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lamb of God - I Was Deeply Touched!

Since I was a young boy, put it in a nice way, I was always obedient.

To be frank, I was a follower, not a leader. I just followed the crowd.
Which school to go to? Which college should I attend? I just followed my classmates.

There was only one time, I felt that I was in control.
That was when I played as a mid fielder during a soccer match. I ran up and down the field covering every position except the goal keeper. I felt GREAT. I liked that feeling of leading the team.

When I was in college, there were 18 of us in my circle, I was the quietest, just followed the group wherever they went or do.

I guessed the Lord wanted to change me. He sent me to the Navy.

Not only I learnt swimming but also trained to be a leader.

My National Service was very important phase of my life.
Before my enlistment, all the people around me were the 'nice people'.

But during those 2 years, I got in contact with people from all walks of life. I had to learn to live with them.
I discovered that there was something good about everybody even they were gangster liked.
Guess during those period, I learnt to related to the heartlanders.

I talked to them, listened to them, spent time with them. Slowly I gained their trust and respect.
And slowly, I found that I could influence them to the extend of dropping some of their bad habits.

The greatest satisfaction was when they shouted and waved at me even when I was passing by at a distance. At that moment, I knew I meant something to them. And of course, they left an unforgettable impression in me.

One of them, 'Lee' happened to be posted onboard my ship.
During one of the trips, the sea was really rough, most of the crews were either lying down and vomiting.

I was on duty, most of my team members were also down and I needed to cover almost all the duty roles. When came to going for rounds, I had no manpower. Lee though feeling wick insisted to go for rounds on my behalf.

Subsequent, I learnt that he was carrying a plastic bag while going for rounds as he was having very bad seasick and vomiting. People saw and asked him why didn't he rest, he answered - and I never forget - because I was his leader. I was deeply touched.

This is just like the love of our Lord, He loves His people so much that He would send His only begotten son, Jesus the Lamb of God to die for us, so whoever believes in Jesus would not die but have eternal life.



Lamb of God Gift of Faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home