Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Lamb of God - I Was Almost Drown EVERYDAY!

Many a time when we take ourselves from our busy lives, spend sometimes for reflection, recalling the past and where we are now, we will be amazed what the Lord has done to our lives.

A lot of happenings are interlinked to each other. Because of one incident, it triggered another, it just led on to a series of happenings and placed us where we are today.

everything that happened to us was not by accident. It was placed there by God's will.

Ok, lets follow me to the day of my enlistment.

On that very day, after registration, I was led to a army truck which supposedly to bring us to the camp.

When the truck drove off, one of the new recruits said that we were going to the Navy Camp.
"What?" I shorted, "It Can't Be!, I can't even swim! If it is really going to the Navy Camp, it MUST be a MISTAKE!"

"The army office is in serious trouble in sending me to the wrong camp!"

Yeah, it was a serious trouble but not the office but ME. They really sent me to the Navy.

The swimming lessons were on everyday.

I missed the first 2 swimming lesson because I was sick. I felt sick the second day I joined the navy!!!!! I shall share more about it in the future.

So, when I re-joined the swimming lesson, I was with the non-swimmer group, but I could not catch up with the rest.

I could not even stay afloat!!!
When I was practicing at the edge of the pool, I was ok as it was shallow, but when came to actual swimming, I sank. I really sank and the life guard had to dive into the pool to rescue me.

Every time when I came out of the pool when the lesson ended, I could not walk up right because I had drunk so much water. They could save the meal for me!

I was almost drown many times, whenever I was in the pool, the life guard would not be free. They sure needed to dive into the pool to save me.

I got so sick of this drowning exercise, I kept on telling the swimming instructor to teach me the basics, but they didn't seem to understand.

So I kept on jumping into the pool, struggling in the pool, shorted for help, the life guard would dive in and pulled me out of the pool, and I pent for air lying by the pool side. This sense kept repeating every day. I was sick of it, I was sure the life guard was sick of it too.

Was I fearful of swimming then?

NO, I was dead tired of this whole thing and other physical training was really tiring me out too, I could not think of 'Fear' at all. My mind was blank.

When came to the term end, I failed my swimming test as expected.

So how?

One can get frustrated and angry, and do nothing about it.
One can refuse to accept the failure and work hard on it.

I chose the latter.
I seek help from friends and I swam whenever I had the time, and during weekends when I was out from camp, I went swimming.

Slowly, under my friends guidance, I got a hang of it.
In a few months time, I was swimming pretty well.

Of course I passed the next swimming test without any problem.

Praise the Lord, I was not drown. Thank you Jesus, the Lamb of God, for His protection all this while at the pool.

And there was this young boy saw me swimming and asked me to coach him. Wow.
I did and trained him from a non-swimmer to quite an ok swimmer.

I was a non-swimmer too, not only I became a swimmer (and I thought it was a mistake to put me in the navy) to coach the young man. Till now, I do not know what swimming has done to this young man's life. Who knows, it might save his life one day.

Everything we do, every person who we meet, there is a purpose. Our Lord makes it happen.
Ultimately, its to point the pre-believer to the cross and for His glory. The Lamb of God.

Just be faithful and obedient. We will get our rewards in heaven. :o)



Lamb of God Gift of Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home