Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Lamb of God - Are You Preparing Me For Something?

One of the days last week, my wife and I went for a movie.

We have not been for a movie for quite sometimes.
It was a pretty interesting Chinese movie "Banquet" based on Shakespeare's "Hamlet".

After the movie, it was about 7pm, so we decided to go for dinner.
Kate my wife suggested the cafe at the same shopping centre where the theatres were located.

Hm...... I have not been to a cafe or restaurant since I quit my job last October (will share more about that in my future postings), food at the cafe is normally cheaper than a restaurant but nowadays my meal is usually a $3 deal.

Anyway, Kate said she would give me a treat. :o)

We came to this cafe before and learnt that their serving was quite huge, so we just ordered one main dish, a plate of salad and two 'soup of the day'.

When we were done and the bill came, I almost jumped, literally, it was $40+.
When I looked at it again, "$40+". It was not that expensive cause the food was very good so as the service, but nowadays, a meal costs more that $5 is quite something to me.

Going to restaurant and spending more than $60 for a meal was common to us.
And we liked and enjoyed going to different restaurant for food tasting.

I have changed! Or God has changed me.

Since I left my comfort zone, I needed to be very careful with my expenditure. I eat simple meals, have stopped shopping which I used to do quite often especially buying books, Hifi gadget and other high end products.

Life was rosy then.

Do I feel miserable? Nope, God changed me. I don't crave for these earthly possession anymore. My life is simple, and I like it. It is big change, but our Lord Jesus, the Lamb of God injects into me the joy and peace money can't buy.

I no longer turn on the aircon whenever I am at home. In fact since I moved into this new house for almost 9 years, the windows were always shut as the aircon was always on.

I never knew my life could be this simple. I love it and praise the Lord for helping me to adjust to this new lifestyle.

Yes, there was once I needed to go through a shopping centre in order to get to somewhere, when I walked pass those shops I normally frequent and seeing people selecting their stuffs, I kind of feeling a sense of loss, self-pity. But I know God is giving something more than gold and silver one day.

But many times, I wonder........ is God preparing me for something?



Lamb of God Gift if Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home