Lamb of God Gift of Faith

Lamb of God, how Great is our Jesus. I would like to share as a Christian how Jesus has been blessing me all these years with Love, Joy, Peace and lately the Gift of Faith. At times, things just happens like miracle. I just can't help but sing praises to His name and Worship Him. May our Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and exceedingly in every aspects of your life. Let all of us Praise the Lord.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Lamb of God - I Almost Murdered My Father!

During those days working as a draftsman, because of condition of my digestion system, my health was really bad.

At home, my dad ran a furniture shop, the business was no doing well, just got by. He was not a true blue businessman.

The reason of him setting up the shop was to get his brother, my uncle to work for him, so that he would not go gambling, but still he did.

During weekend, my uncle would spend his day and night gambling away, and worst, he lost most of the times. And my parents had to help to pay his debt for him, but he did not change his gambling habit. His debt ranged from thousands to ten thousands or more. That was a lot of money in the sixties and early seventies.

I could still remember, once because of his gambling debt, he and my dad was quarrelling after dinner. Both of them were pretty hot tempered persons. My uncle smashed a beer bottle and one piece of the broken glass flew towards me and cut my leg. My mum ran over to hug me and pulled me behind her. She was so mad she sounded at my uncle. I had never seen my mum so angry. I knew she loved me very very much.

Love could make a person strong, and a person would do things she/he would not do under normal circumstances. My mum was a very gentle person, but when came to protecting her children, she became strong.......... there were more incidences, I shall share more in my future posts.

This reminds me.............. of God's love for us.
Because of His love for us, He send His only begotten son, Jesus the Lamb of God to die for us, so that whoever believes in Him shall be saved. ........Simply because He loves us. How great is thy love.

To solve my uncle's gambling habit, my dad decided to open his shop for business even on Sundays and holidays, so that my dad could watch over my uncle 7 days a week.

Though his Sundays were away in the shop (my mum and I chose to stay at home), I still had time with my dad as I came to the shop after work for dinner. My mum was helping him at the shop on book keeping as well as preparing meals for my dad, my uncle and my grandfather.

So though I did not spend much time with him but I still met him at the dinner table.
Normally, I left the shop for home after dinner. By the time my dad reached home, I was asleep.
I mentioned in my earlier post that my aunt and her family in Perth Australia promised to support my study in Perth. She had prepared a room in her house for me, even a car for me.

Though I did not spend much time in the shop, I sensed something was not right.
I decided to shelf my idea of going to Perth to further my study. I guess my Aunt must be very disappointed with me breaking my promise and she wasted all her effort in preparing for my stay.

Since young, I have a strong six sense..... or was it God talking to me?

When I told my mum I changed my mind of going overseas study, she insisted supporting me and asked me to just go ahead and she would managed everything back home. But I stayed on.

I was right, my dad business went really bad and the shop was closed within a year.
Life became worse and he almost committed suicide, and if he really killed himself, I was the murderer...... because I witnessed the whole happening and I did not pull him back from jumping down from our apartment at 10 stories high......!!!!!!

sorry...................


Lamb of God Gift of Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home